Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sacred Ground Chapter III part 2

This post has taken so long because I've been sick most of the week.

I admire PCW's commitment to good women's wrestling. I've lost all hope that WWE will revitalize their "Divas" division. Hearing that Sara del Rey was signed into a developmental deal did not make me think that she would save the divas division. It makes me think that the WWE will ruin her. All 4 women in the women's 4 way last woman standing match could snap kelly kelly in half. Aisha makes the best crazy face I've ever seen. Nina Monet has a great presence and plays her character well. I've not seen enough of Christi Whiplash to comment upon her, but she sells well. I heard a lot of good things about her from others, and I hope to see her in upcoming shows. PCW could use more female talent. I can't say enough good things about Pandora. She is charasmatic. She is a badass in every sense of the word. If Leatherface were chasing her and he dropped the chainsaw, she would pick it up and destroy him with it. She would not run away like Jessica Biel's character did in the remake film. Hell, she'd probably figure out how to get it away from him before he dropped it.

The casket match was very entertaining. Ian and I were kind of cheering for Devlin Valek. We like the hissing and the faces he makes. Vampires are one of my favorite supernatural creatures, and they have been since I was 5. Supernatural is always entertaining to watch. I'm not sure how I feel about the monster killer Asesino. We were in Avondale the night Marty Freeman dubbed that guy the "monster killer" and said they vowed to get rid of all the vampires, monsters and freaks in PCW. After that my rally cry became "Vampires not Empire" which was the slogan on my shirt that night. I like weird gimmicky characters like vampires and undead luchadors as much as I like pure wrestling. I think there is room for both in wrestling shows, and having both expands your audience because each appeals to a different part of your crowd.

I can't think of the right words to describe the main event. Cathartic comes to mind because at the end of the match when Mason won, I cried like one of those squealy girls at a concert when Justin Beiber sings their favorite love song. I know that sometimes "blood" is planned in matches, and that this wasn't one of those times. For a brief second during the match, I noticed a change in the expression of Miss Rachel. It went from her usual cocky sneer to a look of genuine concern for her co-worker. The match went on as if nothing had happened, and it was amazing watching Mason defy the odds to beat Shane Marx, unifying the belts, and winning back our show for the side of right, PCW. I saw the pictures posted the day after the match of the 17 stitches Mason received and the large knot on top of his head. I hope for his safe recovery and his swift return to the ring as our champion.

The entire event was a spectacle. I think there was a match and a character for every type of wrestling fan. I am really happy I was able to attend. I cannot wait for the October 20th show, and the beginning of a new chapter of PCW storylines. I cannot wait to see what happens to the splintered remnants of Empire now that they no longer control the company. I cannot wait to find out how this whole year of wrestling leads up to Sacred Ground 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment