Sunday, September 30, 2012

Sacred Ground Chapter III

This is not a play by play analysis of every match. Every other blog or wrestling website will provide that.

Three hundred people in Porterdale, GA on a Saturday night to watch wrestling. It was loud, and you could feel the excitement in the air. While we were lined up outside waiting to get in, I peeked in the windows and watched the wrestlers standing around talking, running the ropes, and practicing spots. I could see the tension and excitement in all their faces. It was evident to both talent and fans that this was the biggest moment in PCW history.

The greatest "twist" of the night came when Johnny Danger came out to his "Heatseeker" theme, Hunk of Burning Love. He'd been playing a heel in Porterdale as part of the Priority Males stable for so long, that I figured now that the Avondale shows were ending he'd simply remain a bad guy. After getting to know him better, I think his personality is more suited to playing a face, and it makes me very happy that he's chosen this path since he's my son's favorite wrestler in the company. I worry that the face turn was too subtle for a lot of Porterdale fans to pick up on because they are so used to seeing him play the bad guy. The reason I say this is because I had to explain it to one of the kids in our group who booed him as he came out.

Rick Michaels and Simon Sermon put on a great show. Simon Sermon, as always, looks flashy and fabulous in his glitter lipgloss and hot pink attire. The crowd really got behind Simon this time, and I wonder if more effort was made to establish that he was supposed to be the good guy in this match. After all, who really wants to cheer for "duct tape man"? The people of Porterdale really do not like "duct tape man". Michaels act like he wants to accept Simon's friendship at the end, however, he cements his role as antagonist by attacking Simon instead. Good stuff.

My personal favorite match was the 3 way match between Jay Fury, Casey Kincaid, and Fred Yehi. I don't understand why more people don't rally behind Yehi. The man is pure wrestling talent. He is so fun to watch. I hope one of the major companies realizes what talent he has and snatches him up. I'm not certain that the entire crowd was behind this match. It went on for a while because of its unique stipulation, you had to pin one of your opponents, however they could rejoin the match if you weren't able to pin the other in two minutes time. One group of people started chanting "This is awesome." Another group of people in response chanted, "This is Boring!" My response to "This is Boring!" was "No, it's not!"

I'll talk about De La Vega and Najasism next. De La Vega is a happy fun loving face. I like his attitude. I really loved the fact that his family showed up to support him in their purple and gold attire. He's a great showman. Najasism is so charasmatic that it bugs me not be able to cheer for him. I love his face paint, I love his wrestling. I hate his current character because I'm supposed to. He turned on his best friend, and for that he is the worst kind of villainy and scum. But I miss Najasism as a good guy because he really is that cool. I was sad to see De La Vega lose his hair because it was his trademark. I think he is capable of rocking a bald head for a while though.

Something tells me this only part one of this review as it seems to be running pretty long. I will post the rest tomorrow. See you all later peeps.

No comments:

Post a Comment