Saturday, October 20, 2012

OCT 20th PCW Porterdale Thoughts.

Saturday October 20th was the first PCW show where we thought the EMPIRE was a distant memory. Iboo and I decided since it was the show right before Halloween we would dress in costume. Ian went as "The Icon" Sting. I was "The Charasmatic Enigma" Jeff Hardy. A couple other fans showed up in face paint, but there appeared to be no other costumes in our audience. Oh well. We still had a good time.

The crowd for tonight's show was made up of what I call the hardcore regulars. We were small, but we were enthusiastic. The first match was a triple threat match between Morgan Davis III, Dynomite Soul, and Chip Day. I love Chip Day. He is both technically gifted and he knows how to play to the crowd. I've said in previous entries, I am not a play by play commentator. I spend as much of my time during the matches observing crowd reactions to the events in the ring as I do watching the ring itself. The crowd was really into the match as they also really love Chip.

There was a number one contender's match for the new unified title as well. It was Sylar Cross vs. PYB. PYB hesitated to start the match and showed what a coward he can be. Sylar Cross won, and the crowd went crazy.  Cross is another of our favorites.

Johnny Danger sat ringside tonight doing "color commentary". He explained to Quasi why he turned on the Males at Sacred Ground. He said he was trying to be his own man. He said that he'd not abandoned them. That, however, changed during Pandora's match with Nina Monet. As PYB beat up Pandora after the match, Danger came out with his signature chain. While it looked as if he was about to help them beatdown Pandora, he instead turned his attention to PYB cementing his exit from the Priority Males/Crown Jewel Records organization. The entire crowd chanted his name in support of his new found "goodness."

I remember very little about Yehi's match tonight. During his entrance he went to slap either my hand or my son's and knocked my soda to the floor. I spent the next few minutes trying to mop up. I was so busy cheering and singing along with his theme music I didn't notice him, so down went the soda. He was very apologetic after the show. It wasn't a big deal. It's a story to tell people.

The main event pitted our champion, The Demigod Mason against The fifth Column. The fifth column appeared to be twice as large as he was during the Platinum Royal at Sacred Ground. However it had to be him since he was wearing a freaky black faceless bodysuit. After Mason's amazing victory over Marx, it was weird to see him being dominated by this unknown force. The "Column" was victorious and our suspicions about his change in size and mannerisms were confirmed. It was none other than Shane Marx in the Column suit. What did he do with the real fifth column? Did he lock him in a closet? Will he come back for revenge? Was he or one of his minions the fifth column all along? Anyway you look at it, our new number one contender Sylar Cross had better watch his back.

1 comment:

  1. I have to tell you, Alicia...I've never been a "goody two shoes" and I never will be, but when I'd look into the crowd and see your son wearing a Johnny Danger t-shirt and cheering for me...I realized I could do better than The Priority Males. Nothing they had promised me when I formed the group had come true. I thought they were my friends, I thought we were still "cool"....but the moment Quasi approached me with the attitude he had, and Nina Monet slapped the fire out of me...my mind was made up. If they want a war, they got one.

    ReplyDelete