Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Open letter to Avondale PCW fans and talent

To PCW/Empire Avondale

I am very sorry your show is ending, and I understand the sadness you feel because you've poured so much love, time, and energy into it for the past three years. I really wish I'd found out about PCW/Empire sooner, so I could have witnessed more of the magic that you all have talked about so much in the last few weeks. I know I would lament if our shows in Porterdale were ending, even though they've only been going on a short time.

El Phantasmas, Jonathan Williams, Team All You Can Eat, and anyone else that is in the core group of PCW Avondale fans and supporters, without your unwavering devotion to the company, our shows in Porterdale may not exist at all.

PCW/Empire Porterdale does have a great group of devoted fans that make the show a priority. We are still in the process of becoming a community, but with time I think we can be a close knit "family" of fans who all gather in support of  a good time and good wrestling. I feel there is a place for all of the hardcore Avondale fans in this community, and I hope in time you can come to see Porterdale as your home for wrestling.

I realize that our crowd is very different from yours. I realize we are largely made up of families with children. I realize that our crowd is probably more comfortable with traditional wrestling and that your show is more experimental. Both types of fans are necessary to make the organization better, and we have a lot to learn from each other. 

I trust that our shows will continue to be good because I do not believe that anyone with Stephen Platinum's talent and ability would leave his company in the hands of someone who didn't understand his vision. Our shows draw a reasonable size crowd and can continue to grow, but we really need the support of Platinum's hardcore fans right now.

Allie and fans from PCW/Empire Porterdale

No comments:

Post a Comment