Monday, December 17, 2012

Cage Matches PCW 12/15/12

Match 1: Najasism vs. Von Reaper
I've finally found an opponent that I love more than Najasism, so there is no heel bias tonight. The match starts with Naja stealing Reaper's jacket and prancing around while wearing it. He's finally done something worthy of my disdain. The action outside the ring was great. Najasism debuted a lionsault in this match, which was executed brilliantly. These two make an excellent matchup in my opinion because they are of simliar height and build. At one point during the match, Von Reaper pulled an "Undertaker" and sat straight up out of nowhere and did a chokeslam. Najasism also made a nod at Undertaker by doing a tombstone piledriver. He followed that with a cannonball splash to attain victory. Afterward, an old lady felt the need to chase Naja down. She acted like she was going to swing at him, and when he reacted her granddaughter got up in his face. The refs had to calm her down. From what I understand, the old lady never touched Najasism and had no intention of doing so, as she understands the rules. I watched her explain to her granddaughter after that she couldn't do that again. Either way I've heard various wrestlers explain that they aren't above hitting a fan if they are hit. I guess the best thing to say here is say anything you want, but keep the hands to yourself.

Match 2: Brian Blaze vs. Lobo.
 Lobo made his debut in PCW this evening. I saw him wrestle in Rutledge during the summer, and I enjoy watching him. I like the way he tries to pump up the crowd and I like his fringe pants. The crowd really seemed to like him and I hope we see more from him in the future. Brian Blaze made pretty quick work of him though. The finish of the match was Brian Blaze catching Lobo in mid air to slam him to pick up the pin. I must say I'm impressed with the fact that two matches have gone by this night where bad guys picked up clean wins.

Match 3: Quasi Mandisco, Marko Polo, and Nina Monet vs. Johnny Danger, Pandora and Morgan Davis III

The beginning of this match showed how devious Nina Monet could be. She pretended to be in first to lure Pandora, however as soon as Pandora enters the ring she tags in Marko Polo. Pandora creams Polo with a headscissors and a roll up. Quasi gets in after the good guys beat up Polo for a while. They manage to isolate Danger for a while. Danger crawls to make a tag, but it isn't enough. He finally spears Polo, but it still isn't enough to make the tag. They isolate him longer. Pandora breaks up a count, and there is chaos for a minute. The referee has to restore order and the match continues. Danger finally tags in Davis. He dropkicks Quasi off the ring apron to the floor. Ultimately the match is won by Pandora hitting Nina Monet with Pandemonium, and she gets the pin. Dementia De Rose comes out and attacks Pandora out of nowhere. They fight for a minute, but Pandora scares her off. This is a great set up to continue the feud these two have had for a while as Dementia De Rose is merely a split personality of the former Aisha Sunshine.

Match 4: Worst Case Scenario vs. Washington Bullets.

After last week where all my support went to Full Throttle up at UIW, I knew I had to make up for it and cheer for our hometown boys the Bullets. By this point in the show, my cold meds had kicked in, and I had a fever, so my notes are sketchy on the details of the match.  Worst case scenario started using chokes and other "heel" tactics to try to force a submission on Trey. There are a lot of power moves including a nasty DDT. Jon gets the "hot tag" and makes Worst Case Scenario stunner and DDT themselves. There were smooth transitions into this sequence.The match ends with Jon pinning Eli Evans to get the victory. My son said to Worst Case Scenario as they left the ring. Next time you should not come and just go to McDonald's." He tries very hard to come up with witty things to say to the bad guys even if no one gets them but him.

There was a long intermission while the ring crew built the cage. That gave us time to mingle with our favorites and get pictures. It also gave me a little time to sit in the cool air and try and get rid of my headache. At the end of intermission, Marco Polo, Dynomite Soul, Johnny Danger, and Pandora come out and all give reasons why they should be given a title shot. A Platinum Royal was set up for January 5th.

Cage Match 1: Corey Hollis vs. Chip Day.

I am a bad fan. I know I'm not supposed to cheer for heels and I do it anyway. I cheered for Corey Hollis during this entire match. I'm keeping this simple. The match contained brutal hits that had the crowd wincing. They both do unique submission moves, and they are two of the best technical wrestlers in GA. The match was great, and it seemed like the crowd was into it. Chip Day won by knocking Hollis out. They realized this as he was in a submission. The referee came up and checked to see if he'd tap and his arm was limp.

Cage Match 2: Marx and Assassino vs. Supernatural and De La Vega.
Where's Rachel? That's my first question about this match. Did someone actually ban her from ringside? Was she in fact locked in another cage somewhere? The match opened with a cheer/jeer off, as the audience cheered and booed the various teams as they posed in the corners. I think it's funny that they managed to get the crowd to chant "Puerto Rico". Marx and Assassino won this one. Vega jumped on Assassino from the top of the cage after the match. Supernatural will be given a title shot at the next event on January 5th.





No comments:

Post a Comment